This is a touchy yet topical subject to write about…it is more important than ever that we have more conversation about suicide in order to allow heathy conversation. In some cases, speaking about it can save lives.
Below are some key facts about Suicide from the ‘World Health Organisation’:
- Close to 800 000 people die due to suicide every year.
- For every suicide there are many more people who attempt suicide every year. A prior suicide attempt is the single most important risk factor for suicide in the general population.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15–29-year-olds.
- 79% of global suicides occur in low- and middle-income countries.
- Ingestion of pesticide, hanging and firearms are among the most common methods of suicide globally.
Please watch our educational interview and leave comments below…